неделя, 15 септември 2013 г.

Another C# exam taken with excellency!

Yesterday I had my second exam in Telerik Academy - C# Fundamentals Part 2. Needless to say, the question was will I pass it, or will I pass it with excellent grade. Well, the result is clear already - 27th out of more than 300 participants. This is huge improvement - I took the first exam with excellent grade again but at 123th place. I blame my persistence and determination for this, as well as my serious attitude towards learning all the new stuff. Of course, doing all of the homework played it's role too.

The problems


The exam consists of 5 problems and we have 6 hours to solve them. The first one was about different numeric systems, conversions between them and other operations. Piece of cake - did it in 20 minutes with a little help of regular expressions. The second problem was also quite easy. It required implementing a certain algorithm to sort an array. The key here was in using a List<T>. The third problem however caused some trouble. It was about a cube and apparently the idea was to think of the cube as a two dimensional surface. Then the problem would have been so easy to solve. Alas, I found that out after the exam. Lucky for me, however, I quickly switched to forth problem, without losing any time pointlessly struggling to solve it. The next problem was mostly about working with strings. And I am quite good at working with them! No wonder I got it solved. It took some time to fix the algorithms for it but I had that done with a bit less than two hours left before the deadline. So I tried with the last one. It was supposed to be hard and require advanced knowledge to be solved. And yes, it was! But it somehow reminded me of two problems I have solved as homework before. I checked that code and tried to combine them into a working solution. Well, the result was not perfect but it was really working... to some extend. Most of the automatic tests were failing because of the tremendous amount of time my algorithms were requiring. I am pretty sure you had to use dictionaries for this but alas we are going to study them in another course. However I managed to steal some points from this last problem too!

What now?


And now after the successful exam, I am going to dive deep into the object orientated programming with the next course in the Academy. Let's hope next exam I get into top 10!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар